Favourite music
Jeff Buckley and I have the same birthday, which I’d like to think explains me a little bit. My dad is a vinyl collector and old-school turntable dj so pretty much anything that isn’t Taylor swift. He is a diehard mf doom kid so naturally I too follow suit. Classical, Japanese jazz, alt, screamo, punk, hip hop, reggae, euphoric electronic, 50’s-10’s, divorced dad music, music that makes me rip a hole in my chest. Maladaptive daydreaming, on a walk, listening to music - my ideal day. Painting entranced for literal hours only listening to the same song (everything in its right place IM LOOKING AT YOU). Would love for Radiohead to do a collab with alt J too.
Favourite books
The kite runner, any Dostoevsky, old Nat Geo
Favourite movies
I don’t watch tv at all or incredibly rarely, movies, but I vaguely remember falling asleep on the couch at 11 years old and waking up to the freaky SBS movies. It was a Korean horror about prostitution and a serial killer. I remember butchers hooks, Achilles tendons, and the killer asking the police woman if she was on her period (he could smell metal). It was brilliant.
Favourite quotes
What is to give light must endure burning
On At Ease I am known as
I wasn’t born when it started, a year too late
On Mortigi Tempo I am known as
Not old enough, but just found GP - sooo cool